Thursday, July 30, 2009

Play Time Takes Lots of Time!!

Why does it take 3 hours to set kids up to play for 20 minutes? The girls decided to "build" a restaurant and in order to not have my house torn apart, I figured I should help them find what they needed and to keep them from interupting me every 3 minutes, I figured I would just get them all "set up" before going to study.
Whatever. So in REAL LIFE TIME, it went more like this:
Find the "perfect" box. Find some kind of storage for the contents that are currently housed inside the "perfect" box. Empty the box & pack it into the new box. Find some paint that is of acceptable color to both girls. Get the superglued paint cans open (20 minutes, one paint can opener - which I had to go find as it was not anywhere NEAR said paint!, two screwdrivers and some paper towels), find brushes that will be ok to be thrown away cause god knows they are not going to be cleaned, haul box upstairs (twice since I tried to carry it up the stairs in the "too wide to make it through the basement door manner" the first time), search for box cutter (razor blade thingie that retracts) while girls decide where to put door and how to put a "service counter" onto the box, go sharpen a knife since I couldn't find a box cutter, cut door in box, go find new paint can to pour 3/4 can of blue paint into since I ruined the top of old paint can trying to pry it off ...
And yeah, it keeps going like that for a while. Anyway, they got to have a creative outlet on a rainy day and that is the important part. Right?? Ha ha ha!! They were very cute and if they fight over at which house the "Prince Pasta Bowl" restaurant will reside... there will be a sudden cooking fire so I hope they purchased insurance. Just kidding : )

music