Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to School Blues

It is that time again! I have to tell you that I hate when my kids have to go back to school. I love summer and I love having my kids around and I LOVE being home with them!! Home schooling is looking better and better all the time. I had a wonderful two weeks getting up early and having quiet time with God all to myself and then having the kids come down and join me. Each day they would ask me to read a specific part of the bible and I was happy to oblige! We read about Moses, Esther, Jesus & the Sermon on the Mount and the Fruit of the Spirit in Galatians. Quinn also memorized Psalm 23:4 after he had asked me about it. (Love my kids getting into God's word!!) We had such a peaceful morning time! My favorite was reading Proverb 11 (on Aug 11, of course) and that was the same day we read Galatians and putting Proverb 11:30 together with Galatians 5:22-23. Go ahead and check it out for yourself. Cool huh?!?! Well, now it feels like all he** has broken loose trying to get it all together and get them out the door to school on Thurs and Fri. Yipes! Where did all our peace go? I am going to have to figure out how to work that back in to our routine. I am secretly hoping Q's football practice will move up a half hour SOON. The we can get him into bed at a reasonable time. (and he can wake up earlier) We did decide to get dinner on the table by 4:30P for the football/soccer/cross country season so that we can all eat together. That was a good move. (Pat on the hubby's back for that idea!) That is much better than eating at 8:30PM! Oh, and Bubble Gum girl is going to be a cheerleader for Quinn's football team! How cute! They even have uniforms! (Yes, this may kick my Cheermania back into overdrive but I will try to stay out of it.)(For this season at least. All bets are off for next year though!) Hope everyone else has a smooth transition back into school!

No comments:

music